No. Guest checkout is available for customers buying print books.
You will need to create an account to subscribe to our digital services, though, since we will use your email address to activate your subscription.
When you create an account, you can track shipments and orders on our website. If you purchase a physical book and checkout as a guest, you will receive an email with your tracking information but cannot access your order history or tracking on our website. Registration is required for that.
If you work for a media organization that is a member of the AP's news cooperative, include your AP MDM ID or billing account number on your Stylebook account to qualify for AP member discounts every time you order. We offer discounts to members of
If you don't know your AP MDM ID or trade organization membership ID number, just let us know and we can look it up for you to complete your order.
College bookstores need to register so we can approve you for the college bookstore wholesale rate on the spiral-bound edition. Registered college bookstores can use your UPS or FedEx Collect Account information to pay for shipping, if you prefer.
If you don't have an account yet, registration is fast and easy. Simply go to the "Registration" page and follow the three steps to:
1) Enter your email address and a password. Your password must be at least eight characters long.
2) Enter your name and company information, if applicable.
3) Tell us a little about yourself to speed up your checkout every time you shop with us:
- Do you work for a news organization that is an AP member? Enter your MDM ID number to get your member discount on select AP Stylebook products.
- Are you a member of one of the trade organizations that offers member discounts on Stylebook products? Give us your member ID for ACES, PRSA, RTDNA, SPJ and AAJA to get your member discount on select AP Stylebook products.
- Do you work for a college bookstore? Enter your Reseller Tax ID to get the wholesale price on the spiral-bound Stylebook, and enter your UPS or FedEx Collect shipping account number if you would like orders shipped using your account. You can continue using our shipping options, of course, if you don’t enter a shipping account.
If you don't know your AP MDM ID or trade organization membership ID number, just let us know and we can look it up for you.
You can update any of this customer information later, so if you get a job with an AP member or join a new professional group, you can get the discounted pricing. You can also update your membership information via the "Edit My Settings" (https://www.apstylebook.com/users/edit) page in the Account Dashboard.