Ask the Editor provides answers, clarification and guidance on style issues that go beyond the AP Stylebook.
Stylebook Online subscribers can submit questions and search the extensive database of past answers. With thousands of questions and answers on file, your topic has very likely been covered.
All users can access questions and answers posted in the last week.
Ask the Editor includes tabs to:
- View the most recent submissions to Ask the Editor.
- FAQ: View a compilation of frequently asked questions.
- Search past questions.
- Submit a question to Ask the Editor.
- View my questions: See questions you've submitted previously and answers you have received.
- Archive: View Ask the Editor submissions that no longer reflect current AP style. The questions in this section are all archived and provide historic information only.
Concurrent users are not able to submit questions to Ask the Editor. Questions must be submitted by login-based users.